Tuesday, September 17, 2013

New Purex UltraPacks plus Oxi Review

Being a family of 7, we tend to have a lot of laundry. With 5 very active children, a lot of stains as well. Whether they are dirt, juice, food, and yes, even the occasional blood spots. 

I have used many different varieties of laundry detergents over the years in the hopes of combating these stains, but most do nothing more than help it set in further. I have been using Tide for the most part for the last year or so, not only because I love the way it smells, but it also does a great job cleaning and getting most of the stains out. 

I have even tried homemade cleaners and hours soaking this or scrubbing that, and some will work for small stains, but of you have a really set in stain, unless you have a lot of time on your hands, it pretty much become a useless article of clothing destined for the trash pile. 

I was recently given the opportunity to try a new product from Purex. While I have heard of the Purex brand, I have never really tried an of their laundry detergents before. The product I was given the chance to try is Purex UltraPacks plus Oxi. 


Purex UltraPacks plus Oxi combines the convenience of easy to use Purex UltraPacks with the stain fighting power of Oxi. 

The Purex UltraPacks plus Oxi formula is so powerful; it works to fight over 101 of your tough stains! The concentrated DirtLift Action formula has 2X the cleaning power in every drop, leaving your clothes so bright, white and clean, people will start to take notice. 

Purex makes it easy to fight stains, while maintaining a simple laundry routine. Purex UltraPacks plus Oxi contain a full load's worth of concentrated liquid detergent and dissolvee quickly once you add them to your laundry. No more measuring, no more mess, just toss it in and go!

Having never tried Purex before I was very excited to try the Purex UltraPacks plus Oxi. I have heard of the laundry pods before but I have always just purchased the liquid laundry detergent in the bottle and I am used to that, so when I opened the package and saw these little laundry pods, I was kind of taken back. 


Even though they smelled wonderful, I was trying to figure out how this little pod was going to clean a whole load of laundry. Better yet, how was this going to clean a load of whites that my children had been through? 


Needless to say, I was on my way straight to the laundry room to put the Purex UltraPack plus Oxi right to use. I had a nice sized basket of whites with plenty of stains just waiting to be washed. My 3 year old twins had really put their shirts to the test that day! I discovered juice, Popsicle and even marker stains on their shirts. 

I did as I normally would, started the cold water, arranged the whites all in the washer and then through the laundry pod right in on top. I actually stood there to see how this was going to work. Was the pod going to pop open when the water rushed over it or would it slowly dissolve? I would have used my phone for a picture of this, but as I walked to the laundry room with a basket of clothes, my 3 year old grabbed my cellphone to play his Crayola app. 

I was patiently waiting for the washer to fill, but sadly I had to close it up and let it finish on its own as I was being called away by one of my children as it always happens. Well, 30 minutes later and this load was ready for the dryer. I was playing several scenarios over in my head of what I would find when I opened the washer...Would the laundry pod still be whole and unbroken? Would I find pieces of it all over my children's clothes? 

To my surprise, no pieces of the laundry pod were found as I slowly picked the clothing out of the washer. No remnants of detergent were to be seen. So my next step was to start examining the shirts as I placed them in the dryer. I was amazed!!! Gone were the juice Popsicle and yes, dare I say it, even the marker stains. These shirts looked brand new. Not a stain in site. Plus, they smelled absolutely wonderful. 

I was afraid my mind was playing tricks on me, so I closely examined them again as I was folding them to be put away. They were clean and white! No stains to be found. Even the armpit stains were gone from my 10 year olds shirts. These laundry pods worked miracles for that load of laundry. 

Of course, I still put the Purex Ultrapacks plus Oxi to the test. I have continued to use them on all of our whites and I am completely blown away. I even went out and purchased another bag as I was getting ready to run out. They really do work and are now a part of my regular laundry routine. Thank You Purex UltaPacks plus Oxi for saving this mother alot of worry and extra work to get stains out. You definitely have a loyal customer in this family. 

To learn more about Purex products, click HERE

Purex on Facebook, click HERE

Follow on Twitter, click HERE

Purex also has a sweepstakes going on right now that all of our fans can enter:

Find the Red Football Jersey and Win!

Disclosure: I received one or more products mentioned above free for review purpose. No other form of compensation was received. My opinions are my own.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Your opinion may vary from mine. If a giveaway is being held, please read my rules of sweepstakes in the tab above. I cannot be held responsible for prizes or shipping. Sweepstakes and Giveaways on this blog are not affiliated with Facebook or any other social media network. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”  Chris & Misty Simpson


No comments:

Post a Comment