Tuesday, September 17, 2013

BluApple Review

Everyone loves fresh produce. The biggest problem I have is actually keeping it fresh. I love strawberries, blueberries, apples, bananas and of course, let's not forget the lettuce, tomatoes and other vegetables that are just haves for cooking in our house. 

Most times, the kids will tear through the fruit before it gets anywhere near the point of spoiling, but then other times, they will get in their moods and not want to touch it. I, of course, often forget that I have even purchased it until its too late. 

I was recently given the opportunity to try this amazing product called the BluApple


Using the Bluapple®, you can extend the useful storage life of your produce up to three times longer.

How it works: 

Ethylene gas is given off naturally by fruits and vegetables as a signaling mechanism in order to coordinate uniform ripening. However, once concentrated in your refrigerator or other storage areas, the presence of ethylene gas continues to speed up ripening and hasten spoilage.

The Bluapple® is designed to provide effective ethylene gas absorption for three months in a typical home refrigerator produce bin or storage container. The active ingredient does not "wear out", but continues to absorb ethylene until it has reached its capacity. A One Year Refill Kit rounds out the Bluapple® ethylene gas management product line, allowing consumers to reuse Bluapples® and not add them to landfills.


 Needless to say, I was so excited to receive the BluApple and see how it worked for myself. Being a family that loves fresh fruit and vegetables, I couldn't wait to try it out. 


First off, I absolutely love the blue as that is my favorite color and the apple design is so cute. It's not huge so it hardly takes up in room in the refrigerator drawer. 


Of course, I was ready as we had just gone shopping that day and purchased quite a few fruits and vegetables. My biggest concerns at the time were the tomatoes. My husband loves freshly sliced tomatoes by themselves or on a sandwich, but he never seems to be able to get through all of them before they go bad which is typically within 3-4 days. 

I had tomatoes, lettuce, strawberries and grapes in the drawer right before I popped the Bluapple right in there beside them. My goal was to make sure that at least one of the tomatoes lasted longer than a week to see how the Bluapple truly worked. 

2 days in and everything was still looking as fresh as the day we purchased them. So far, so good. Of course, we were regularly eating some of the items here and there, but there was still plenty of produce left in the drawer. I made sure not to add anything new as I was focusing on just the items that we put in the drawer with the BluApple that day. 

4 days in and still going strong. Less produce, but everything was still as fresh as the first day. The tomatoes were still hard and showing no signs of softness anywhere. The lettuce was still nicely green with no brown spots. The grapes were nearly gone, but still fresh and well, the strawberries didn't make it passed day 3 due to the kids. 

Day 6 and the pretty little BluApple is getting more room to move around, but to my amazement, the 2 tomatoes that have survived my husband so far as still nice and firm. The still have a freshly picked garden smell and no signs of softness whatsoever. The lettuce, though there is only a half of head now, is showing nothing but beautiful green leaves. 

I am really amazed so far at this point as it has been over the 3-4 day mark by at least 3 days at this pint because we have made it 1 solid week. Though the grapes and strawberries are completely gone, thanks to the kids, of course. There is still a third of a head of lettuce and 1 tomato left. The tomato is finally showing a small sign of softness, so I decided to be nice and let my husband go ahead and have it. The lettuce is still nice and green with no visible signs of browning at all. 

All in all, the BluApple appears to be working great. I am at day 10 and the lettuce that I left in there is finally showing small signs of browning, though its still nice and crisp. I am really amazed at how well this product is working. Even the produce that I have on the other drawers seem to be doing better than they normally would. 

I highly recommend the BluApple for anyone that loves fresh fruit and vegetables. I am still using it in the drawer to this day and have noticed a huge improvement over how long our produce lasts now. The BluApple truly extends the life of your produce and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to review this product. 

Want to know when it's time to change your BluApple? They have that taken care of too. You just register on the website when you started using it and they will email you when it's time for a change. How awesome is that? I will definitely continue using the BluApple as I love the way it works and how I no longer have to worry about throwing out perfectly good produce because it has gone bad too fast. 

To learn more about BluApple, click HERE

BluApple on Facebook, click HERE

Follow on Twitter, click HERE

******************************
MnC Reviews would like to Thank BluApple for allowing us the opportunity to review their awesome product!
******************************

Disclosure: I received one or more products mentioned above free for review purpose. No other form of compensation was received. My opinions are my own.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Your opinion may vary from mine. If a giveaway is being held, please read my rules of sweepstakes in the tab above. I cannot be held responsible for prizes or shipping. Sweepstakes and Giveaways on this blog are not affiliated with Facebook or any other social media network. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”  Chris & Misty Simpson

3 comments:

  1. We love our Blue Apple! It works really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need one or two of these.... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my blu Apple as well. It really does help.

    ReplyDelete