Friday, October 17, 2014

Guinness World Records 2015 Book Review #holidaygiftguide

Being homeschooling parents, we want our children to learn all sorts of interesting facts
 and what better way than by reading the Guinness World Records books. 


We recently had the wonderful opportunity to work with Guinness World Records to review the Guinness World Records 2015 Book. This is the special 60th Anniversary Edition and it is jam packed with all sorts of records. While they are all interesting and definitely keep you intrigued, some are creepy and others are disgusting. 


Our entire family has had so much fun exploring through all of the sections and we have learnt quite a bit. I was amazed at all of the different categories for world record holders. 

We love the Hunger Games movies and Jennifer Lawrence is a favorite actress of mine so it was very interesting to learn that she holds the record for being the "Highest-grossing action-movie heroine". 


I love my fingernails and take pride in keeping them maintained and polished, but I was actually shocked at this. Even my children didn't know what to say! Did you know that Chris "The Dutchess" Walton has the longest fingernails? Measuring in at 11 ft 10 in. on her left hand and 12 ft 1 in on her right hand for a combined total of 23 ft 11 in. Why in the world would you want nails this long? How can you possibly do anything with them? I would love to know how she actually goes to the bathroom and practices clean hygiene with nails like this. 



Learning about the new discoveries of animal species was very interesting and fun for us. I had no idea that on 15,000 new species are discovered each year on average. My children are all about animals so they loved this section. My favorite was the Bornean clouded leopard. I have a deep love and appreciation for big cats and this one is gorgeous. 


Who likes to eat? Did you know the Largest Christmas Dinner is a feast for one? Yes, one person and you can get it for FREE! The catch? You have to eat it all by yourself within 45 minutes...wow! This feast is 21 lb 2 oz and consists of a turkey, carrots, parsnips, broccoli, cauliflower, roasted potatoes, pigs in the blankets and 25 Brussels sprouts...WOW! That is a HUGE meal and I couldn't even imagine trying to make it through a third of that by myself. Wonder how many people have actually earned theirs for free? 

The largest Cinnamon Roll tipped the scales at 609 lbs and was baked in Holland, Michigan in 2013. Michigan is where we consider home so it's always nice to see someone holding a world record from there. 


I constantly see crowdsourcing on facebook and always wonder how it's going to go for that particular person or idea so it was a very interesting reading about it. 

The most crowdfunded video game console was the OUYA and raised $8,596,474. That's amazing and I never even heard of it until I read about it in the Guinness World Records 2015 book. 

Kickstarter's Most Funded Children's Book: Hell Ruby by Linda Liukas $380,740...all for a book! 


There is such an abundance of records and facts throughout the whole book that we haven't even made it half way through. It's an interesting read to say the least and I highly recommend it for anyone. Whether you are looking for records on sports, gaming, celebrities, vehicles, etc...Guinness World Record 2015 has you covered. This would make an amazing Christmas gift for the record lover in your life! 

Purchase the Guinness World Records 2015 Book ~HERE~

Guinness World Records Facebook

Guinness World Records Twitter & Twitter

My son, who is an avid gamer also discovered that they have a Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition coming soon and he is worrying me to death to get that for him for Christmas. It's the #1 item on his Christmas list this year! 




Disclosure: I received one or more products mentioned above for review purpose. No other form of compensation was received. my opinions are my own. Your opinion may very from mine. If a giveaway is being held, please read my rules of sweepstakes in the tab above. I cannot be held responsible for prizes or shipping. Sweepstakes and Giveaways om this blog are not affiliated with Facebook or any other social media network. Thank You and Enjoy! Chris and Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment