Monday, March 3, 2014

Dimples BBQ Sauce Review

Most of you should know by now that we are born and bred Southern! Southerner's love to cook and eat. One of the main things we enjoy all year long, is a good BBQ. Whether we are outside grilling in the backyard, at the lake or even inside the house, we take our BBQ seriously. 

You can't have a good BBQ without an awesome BBQ sauce! Being Southern, of course, I know how to make my own sauce, but I am always on the hunt to try a new sauce. Any excuse to cook and getting a BBQ sauce in the mail is a really darn good excuse. 

You can only imagine how excited I was when I was recently given the opportunity to work with Dimples BBQ Sauce right out of Raleigh, North Carolina which borders my home state of Virginia. I couldn't wait for the package to arrive. 

My mind kept wondering if it would be too sweet or too tangy?  Would it be a hearty thick BBQ sauce or would it be thin and runny? Last but not least, would it have a nice smoky flavor? See, I told you, we Southerner's take our BBQ seriously and these are honestly things we think about if we are trying a sauce other than our own. All of these things will help determine what kind of meat to use, whether it will be pork, steaks, chicken, burgers, etc...

Finally! Dimples BBQ Sauce arrived! It actually only took a couple of days, but I couldn't contain my excitement so it seemed like forever. 




My kids decided right away that we needed to have BBQ chicken for dinner to try out the Dimples BBQ sauce. So of course, I obliged. 




First off, when I opened the bottle, you could tell this was a really authentic BBQ sauce. The aroma was amazing. Dimples BBQ sauce has a nice hint of smokeness and the sauce was the perfect texture to pour over the chicken. Not too thick, but no where near thin. I was impressed just by opening the bottle and pouring the BBQ sauce all over the chicken. 



Smothered in Dimples BBQ Sauce and seasoned with pepper, all ready to go into the oven. I always let my chicken slow cook, so it was a rough 3 hours with the hearty aroma of BBQ wafting throughout the house. The kids kept asking me every 30 minutes or so if dinner was ready because it smelt so good. I told them they had to be patient just a little bit longer. 


Tada!!! Fresh out the oven! Dimples BBQ  Baked Chicken! Doesn't it look amazing? 


Asparagus, Broccoli, Rice, Carrots and of course, Dimples BBQ Chicken!!!

Oh my goodness, is this BBQ delicious. Just the right amount of sweet and tangy, all in all, the perfect BBQ flavor for our chicken. A very hearty BBQ sauce that my whole family enjoyed. I have never seen my children clear their dishes like they did that night. They absolutely loved Dimples BBQ Sauce

Needless to say, we were very impressed with Dimples BBQ Sauce and it will definitely be a staple in our pantry from now own and a regular for our BBQ's. 

Looks like I need to get some more :)


While I was extremely impressed with the texture and flavor of Dimples BBQ Sauce and love the fact that Dimples is in North Carolina, one thing that really stood out to me when I received the bottle was what was printed right on the side of the label next to the bar code. 


God Bless America!!! It's a very rare thing for a company to even say let alone use on their products, so THANK YOU Dimples BBQ sauce for doing that. As a Christian and a wife of a former Marine, this means a lot to me and has made me respect your company even more. 

To learn more about Dimples BBQ Sauce or to purchase your own, visit 
~HERE~

Dimples BBQ Sauce on Facebook

Dimples BBQ Sauce on Twitter


Disclosure: I received one or more products mentioned above for review purpose. No other form of compensation was received. my opinions are my own. Your opinion may very from mine. If a giveaway is being held, please read my rules of sweepstakes in the tab above. I cannot be held responsible for prizes or shipping. Sweepstakes and Giveaways om this blog are not affiliated with Facebook or any other social media network. Thank You and Enjoy! Chris and Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment