Friday, February 7, 2014

The Inn of the Sixth Happiness Blu-ray Review

The Inn of the Sixth Happiness

This sweeping, inspiring film starring three-time OSCAR Winner Ingrid Bergman* is on breathtaking Blu-rayT for the first time. An English maid (Bergman) serving as a missionary in China wins the respect of a curmudgeonly local Mandarin (Robert Donat) - and the love of a Chinese army officer (Curt Jurgens). When the Japanese invade the area, however, her commitment is put to the ultimate test, as she must lead the children of an entire village to safety in this beloved classic based on a true story. *1944, Actress, Gaslight; 1956, Actress, Anastasia; 1974, Supporting Actress, Murder on the Orient Express.


Format: Blu-ray, Dolby, DTS Surround Sound, NTSC, Subtitled, Widescreen
Language: English (DTS 4.1), French (Mono), Spanish (Mono)
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
Dubbed: English, French, Spanish
Region: Region A/1 (Read more about DVD/Blu-ray formats.)
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
Number of discs: 1
Rated: NR (Not Rated)
Studio: 20th Century Fox
DVD Release Date: February 4, 2014
Run Time: 158 minutes


Having never seen this movie I was very excited when I found out I was going to be able to review it. Of course, I am one of those that loves the up and coming new releases, usually action or horror. but love being able to sit down and enjoy a classic as well. I'm so glad that I was given this opportunity. 

The Inn of the Sixth Happiness held me captivated from the very beginning. Based on the life of Gladys Aylward whose story was told in the book "The Small Woman". I loved Ingrid Bergman in Anastasia and I have to say, she certainly didn't disappoint in this movie either. She was absolutely brilliant playing the role of Gladys as a missionary in China. 

It's a very powerful and moving story as she leads the children across the mountains to be transported to safety. I will be honest, I had to grab the tissues a few times. No matter the obstacles she faced, she overcame and persevered. 

The Inn of the Sixth Happiness has a very well written script, wonderful casting and beautiful, breathtaking scenery. The fact that it is based on a true story makes it even more powerful and inspiring. With a mixture of laughter, action, drama, and love all neatly rolled together for a great family experience. 

This just goes to show that one person can make a difference!!!

To purchase "The Inn of the Sixth Happiness" on Blu-Ray



Disclosure: I received one or more products mentioned above for review purpose. No other form of compensation was received. my opinions are my own. Your opinion may very from mine. If a giveaway is being held, please read my rules of sweepstakes in the tab above. I cannot be held responsible for prizes or shipping. Sweepstakes and Giveaways om this blog are not affiliated with Facebook or any other social media network. Thank You and Enjoy! Chris and Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment